- How much soy is in a SOYJOY®?
- Answer: Each SOYJOY® contains 8 grams of whole soy.
- Are there any animal products in SOYJOY®?
- Yes. SOYJOY® contains milk and eggs.
- Does SOYJOY® contain trans fat?
- No, SOYJOY® does not contain trans fat. Because trans fats are not considered part of a healthy diet, we do not include any hydrogenated oils.
- What is glycemic index of GI?
- The glycemic index (GI) is a ranking of equal carbohydrate portions of different foods according to how they affect blood sugar levels. The GI values of SOYJOY® bars were measured using valid scientific methodology at an Australian University and all SOYJOY® flavors have a low GI. That means it’s a snack that helps keep your blood sugar steady and your energy levels sustained.
- Where can I purchase SOYJOY®?
- SOYJOY® is currently available in grocery, drug and mass merchandise stores. Click on this link to find the store nearest you.
- Does SOYJOY® contain gluten?
- No. There are no gluten-containing ingredients in SOYJOY®. Gluten comes from wheat, rye and barley. SOYJOY® does not contain wheat, wheat derivatives, rye, barley or oats.
- Does SOYJOY® contain dairy?
- Yes. SOYJOY® contains milk.
- If I am allergic to peanuts or other nuts can I eat SOYJOY®?
You should not eat SOYJOY® if you’re allergic to any nut or seed. SOYJOY® may contain nuts, seeds or nut/seed by-products.
- Does SOYJOY® contain genetically modified (GMO) soy?
No. SOYJOY® is made with only non-GMO soy.
- Does SOYJOY® contain any artificial sweeteners?
No, SOYJOY® does not contain any artificial sweeteners. It’s naturally sweetened.
- Is SOYJOY® a meal-replacement bar?
No, SOYJOY® is not a meal-replacement bar, but more of an anytime snack. Sometimes, our busy schedules make missing a meal unavoidable. SOYJOY® can be enjoyed as part of a meal on the go.
- Why whole soy?
- SOYJOY® is made from ground whole soybeans to take full advantage of all of the nutritional benefits of whole soybeans. SOYJOY® does NOT contain soy protein concentrates, isolated soy protein, or any other highly processed soy ingredients. For more information on the benefits of soy, click on the soy benefits link.
- Why does SOYJOY® contain fat?
- Fat is an essential nutrient, but one that should be eaten in moderation. Including small amounts of fat in between-meal snacks has been shown to help keep hunger in check and prevent overeating at mealtime. SOYJOY® fits perfectly into healthy eating guidelines and provides no more than 6 grams of the 45–60 grams of total fat people should consume each day, and only 2–3.5 grams of the 18–20 grams of saturated fat recommended in healthy eating guidelines.*
Also, SOYJOY® is made with whole soy, which naturally contains essential fatty acids including omega-3 fatty acids, which are a healthy type of fat.
*NOTE: Grams based on USDA Dietary guidelines of 20%–35% of total calories from fat and 10% or fewer total calories from saturated fat.
- Maltodextrin is listed as an ingredient in SOYJOY®. What is it?
- Maltodextrin is a natural source of fiber derived from corn.
- Can people with diabetes eat SOYJOY®?
Yes, SOYJOY® fits into a diabetic meal plan. Each SOYJOY® is equivalent to 1 carbohydrate exchange, ½ protein exchange and 1 fat exchange based on the American Diabetes Association and American Dietetic Association Exchange Lists for Meal Planning.
- What is the source of fiber in SOYJOY®?
The fiber in SOYJOY® comes from whole soy, dried fruits and nuts, and maltodextrin, which is a natural source of fiber derived from corn.
- Are all soyfoods healthy?
Not all soyfoods are healthy. Just because a food contains soy does not necessarily mean it is good for you. Read food labels and choose soyfoods that are all natural and do NOT contain trans fat and artificial ingredients
- Is SOYJOY® a diet bar?
No, SOYJOY® is a snack that helps people maintain active, healthy lifestyles. It is a delicious, nutritious and convenient treat that satisfies and curbs hunger between meals.
- Why do SOYJOY’s vary in color?
SOYJOY® is made from all-natural ingredients and is baked in an oven for a home-baked taste. They may vary in color and texture the same way home-baked goods do.
- Is soy as good a source of protein as meat, chicken, and fish?
Yes. These are all complete proteins. Soy is a source of complete protein because it contains all of the amino acids essential for human nutrition.
- How many SOYJOY’s can I eat a day?
SOYJOY® should be part of an overall healthy diet. Two to three SOYJOYs a day can be worked in as snacks or as part of a meal.
- Is it safe for women to eat SOYJOY® during pregnancy?
Absolutely—safe, and good for you. SOYJOY® contains nutrients your body needs during pregnancy: protein, iron and fiber. However, if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients listed on the label, you should not eat SOYJOY®. Check with your obstetrician for more information.
- Can children eat SOYJOY®?
Yes. Your kids will love the delicious taste, and you can feel confident because SOYJOY® contains only 130–140 calories, and is made with whole soy and dried fruit. Children can enjoy SOYJOY® as part of an overall healthy diet.
- How do I store SOYJOY®? How can I tell when a SOYJOY® has expired?
Store SOYJOY® in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to enjoy. There is a “Best By” date stamped on the wrapper. We don't recommend consuming after this date because we cannot guarantee the optimal taste and texture after that time.